Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a guided snow goose hunt if it's not to late to get an available slot. Any suggestions or information on local guides in the state?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Your time and money will be better spent not in Utah.
Very, very few birds make it to the state. The hunt is >1 on a scale from 1-10. Unless your dead set on a "utah" snow goose. I'd look elsewhere. South Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, something like that.
Later,
Kev

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Your time and money will be better spent not in Utah.
Very, very few birds make it to the state. The hunt is >1 on a scale from 1-10. Unless your dead set on a "utah" snow goose. I'd look elsewhere. South Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, something like that.
Later,
Kev
^^This^^ Utah snow goose hunting is real hit and miss. You want a great experience of snow goose hunting, save your money and go to somewhere like Nebraska.

·
Super Moderator
3,402 Posts
I've hunted with Tony Vandemore at Habitat Flats in Missouri as well as Scott Robinson, also in Missouri. Both operations are great, but Habitat Flats was incredible. With Scott Robinson, we averaged 45 birds a day; with Tony Vandemore, we averaged 73 birds a day.

Hunting snow geese in the Spring can be an incredible time. I'd rather go one time on a quality hunt, than go 5 times on a subpar hunt.

One word of warning when booking a hunt - if the outfitter says that 100 bird days are typical, they are full of it. When the outfitter says that a good day can be 30-40 birds, they are telling the truth!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts