Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Snow goose hunting

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Clarq 
#1 ·
So I was looking to hit up the march snow hunt and am looking for places to go. I was told you could hunt public shooting grounds and salt creek?

#4 ·
I've hunted snow geese at Salt Creek for several years with no success. It's possible to get one there (I've seen a few from time to time), but for the most part, they stick to other, larger bodies of water, and feed in the fields.

One downside to Salt Creek is that it gets fairly heavy usage from birders and photographers this time of year - and few of them are happy to see you. I had a frustrating run-in with an anti-hunter while hunting there last year. Now I leave it for them.

Enjoy it while you can, if you go. It will probably be closed for the light goose hunt starting next year.

#6 ·
When I was hunting them, they mainly hung out on the very large water body west of 100 North in West Corinne (I think it belongs to the Bear River Duck Club). Then, they would fly out to the fields to feed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.