Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of my limited brain waves I can't either find the right weeb site or I can understand it

is there anyone out there that can tell me how many inches of snow Tony Grove in Logan Canyon received between yesterday and now ?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
we tried to figure this out as well. No luck. We have a guy going up tonight to look. I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
fellers, couple of things: there are 2 parameters, SWE - snow water equivalent, that amount of water released if snow melted instantaneously and then depth, how deep the snow is, dont confuse the two. next, storms drop a foot here and an inch there. happens all the time. this storm put down 2 inches of swe all along the wasatch front and 0 to 0.5 everywhere else. logan canyon didnt get much out of this one but did well the storm before. there are 7 sites up logan canyon to look at: temple fork, tony grove lake, tony grove ranger station, klondike narrows, usu doc daniels, franklin basin and garden city summit... most got about 0.1 inches of water and between 1 and 6 inches of depth. here is a map of all sites you can see where each one is.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/webmap...&base=esriNgwm&lat=39.618&lon=-109.951&zoom=7

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
packfish - u got lots of time to get a ski in... and this weekend will be great. tony grove will be packed with sledders. franklin basin not so much as the road is pretty muddy and no place to turn a trailer. tony grove lake has about 3 weeks plus snow left to melt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts