Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for scottyp to return my p.m. but I think he's out of commision. Hopefully he didn't fall through the Ice. :shock: Has anyone been out the past couple of days? Last I heard there was over a foot of snow and six inches of slush. :cry: say it aint so say it aint so.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
fixed blade said:
I've been waiting for scottyp to return my p.m. but I think he's out of commision. Hopefully he didn't fall through the Ice. :shock: Has anyone been out the past couple of days? Last I heard there was over a foot of snow and six inches of slush. :cry: say it aint so say it aint so.
Ahh, a bit of snow and slush won't hurt a man. As long as there is plenty of ice. I assume your still going there this weekend?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the conditions. Like I have said earlier I am extremly lazy :D . If I cant pull my 150 lbs. Ice tent with my Four wheeler I would rather stay home. I have to have the camp chief for Pork chops and eggs, chili, hot chocolate. My 10" gas auger comes. Chairs, fish finder. heater.... so on and so on. If I can't go in comfort I'd rater not go. :oops: But if there is only 10" of snow I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
fixed blade said:
Depends on the conditions. Like I have said earlier I am extremly lazy :D . If I cant pull my 150 lbs. Ice tent with my Four wheeler I would rather stay home. I have to have the camp chief for Pork chops and eggs, chili, hot chocolate. My 10" gas auger comes. Chairs, fish finder. heater.... so on and so on. If I can't go in comfort I'd rater not go. :oops: But if there is only 10" of snow I'll be there.
Wow, that is alot of stuff you bring. Well, if you decide you are to lazy to take all that but not lazy enough to go halfway, you can always meet up with us in S. Jordan.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orvis 6" will not only hold you but your truck. The gear is so my wife and kids will come. After all someone has to drive me home. MMMM Sweet life giving wiskey. :D

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I think that is the only way I will get my wife out on the ice, I mentioned the idea of a family ice fishing trip and her face turned white as a ghost while my daughter thout it would be cool. I will see how Sat goes before I invest in an auger..

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm decided I'm going for sure. I'll be in the white ford f-350 with painting stickers on the side. I'll be fishing by the island. Hope to see you guys up there. Come say Hi, we will have two black Frabill Ice tents. And a 98 Polaris Sportsman 500 If conditions permit. :D

Fishglymph you and loah sould try and make it out Sat. instead of sunday.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
We will keep an eye out for you.. I will be in a white dodge ram with temp plates, have no idea where will fish. I will be dressed up like the michelan man with no idea of what I am doing.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well we're debating between Pelican or Scofield. If we end up at scofield i will see you that is the area we're usually around. We will be in a 3 man flip over frabil tent and a couple 4 man ice cubes. I might take the snowmobile but we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never mind after reading VINTAGES report I'm not headed up anymore. Good luck with the slush fellas. Let me know how it went. I'm probably heading to a top secert hunny holes. :x

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.45 said:
Wuss .. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Holy crap, when .45 calls someone a wuss than they truly are a major wuss. Hey If i could go without the wife and kid, and not get my junk cut off I would. But taking a wife and 2 wee ones in 10" of Ice doesn't sound fun.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
I think you meant 10" of slush...either way... :roll:

If you go down there, wait for me. I'll be about 4 months late though... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sorry for the way late report, but the home computer is out of commish and I just got back to work. I fished it tuesday and the slush was not that bad. I pulled out all my gear plus tent over it and it was fine. I've walked over much worse anyway. I fished out from the first group of 'cabins' after the dam and caught about 15 fish-- all rainbows this time. Action was spotty but was the best around noon. Again, the slush is bareable and with the even colder temps tonight it will probably harden up some. Rat finkys or just a plain white jighead with a crawler piece was the ticket. They wouldn't touch the mealworms so I was glad to have both on hand. Had a couple minnows get whacked too but no hookups on those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts