Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Nah, you wont have the money to compete with the real money guys, people that can drop $100k on a new shotgun for a single grouse hunt.

Maybe buy a nicer camera, you can at least shoot things with that.

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
No need to worry any more than usual bblaster. Bateman isn't any worse than most WB members have been or are, and certainly isn't any better. Utah wildlife management has been, is, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, a politically driven, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, lets make a few bucks (yeah, pun intended) off the saps who don't seem to care, a we will do what we want regardless of what the public wants type of system anyway.

SFW, Don Peay, Ryan Bensen, Big Game Forever, will continue to bilk the taxpayers and hunters out of whatever they can, and continue to cry the war chant of what a wonderful job they're doing, including 'getting the big bad wolf de-listed' and 'saving the sage grouse', all the while MDF will continue lurking in the background raking in their welfare tag and expo monies and making videos of the "Icon of the West" nature, while the deer herds just continue to get by, so to speak... And I'm speaking optimistically here :cry:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, dont have time to talk now, apparently I inherited a large sum of money and a nice Nigerian man is helping me with the paper work...!

-DallanC
Anyone interested in starting an investment firm? I'll take your money and buy tags with it, you get a hat and a knife and pictures of my successful hunts with friends.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wish the fish and game would just give sfw one chair on the wildlife board and one chair on each rac in exchange for (1) no other member can have an affiliation with sfw (2) and so we don't have to hear sfw "public" comments. It would save a lot of meeting time and eliminate a lot of pretense.

I wrote a letter to my RAC members this year stating I'm appreciative of the increase in tags. Only one person responded. He basically gave me a lecture and said we need to keep making sacrifices and told me everyone else who has responded doesn't want an increase in tags - they want 3 and 4 yr old deer (which is not a trophy). I later found out he is tied in with SFW. Not surprised in the least. They have the boards choked out with SFW and they stack the RAC meetings with SFW chapter comments.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Now that Byron Bateman is on the wildlife board should I consider starting an investment fund to pay for future deer tags with?
FWIW, the other new board member, Donny Hunter, is also an active, dyed-in-the-wool SFW member. He isn't as out-spoken as Byron, nor as well known in the rest of the state, but most sportsmen in Iron County know him and his views on wildlife and it's SFW through and through.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Byron is a good egg. He was president and an active participant in the Northern Utah Big Game Hound Association long before the SFW was even thought of. His involvement in wildlife issues pre dates the SFW, so he is more than qualified to serve on the wildlife board. Is he likely to stray from the SFW line?? I'd be surprised. Still, for an old hound dogger he is well read, articulate, and passionate about wildlife in Utah. I wish him all the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts