Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of lakes around that are fully open, but some places folks are (im)patiently waiting for some soft water action. Things are just beginning to open up. Not much open water around the lake, but enough to keep us interested in our little spot. I managed 5, the wife 4, oldest got 1, and younger two smelled of skunk, even though they got to reel something in and play with a crawdad we caught. Here is a representative sample of the loot, with a couple small bows added to the mix as well.

A variety of colors worked, nothing seemed to be the ticket. Fish were caught on black, wine, and olive iterations.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish taco season is near. Are you ready for some of that?
Absolutely! We were just talking about that last night. Looking forward to it greatly. But there are still a few trout that need some more attention before we can turn into white bass slayers! But it’s going to be a lot of fun.

·
Administrator
7,885 Posts
Wait... no wonder I never catch fish. I’m always wearing blaze orange. I didn’t know we could wear camo! I’m throwing on my Sitka next Friday and will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Wait... no wonder I never catch fish. I’m always wearing blaze orange. I didn’t know we could wear camo! I’m throwing on my Sitka next Friday and will let you know how it goes.
Darn straight! My camo jacket is made by Simms. (The high end wader company) Don't know how it compares to top tier hunting camo, but maybe I at least catch a couple more fish wearing it?

It hasn't helped my hunting success any.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Such a rookie mistake, Bax! But Sitka won’t do it. Kuiu is the only acceptable non-Simms fishing clothing that helps catch fish.

Kuiu increases catch rates 10%. Simms ups it 15%.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Such a rookie mistake, Bax! But Sitka won’t do it. Kuiu is the only acceptable non-Simms fishing clothing that helps catch fish.

Kuiu increases catch rates 10%. Simms ups it 15%.
Yup, that and your hat is as close to a flat brim without being one that you can get. If you would have just bent it up a quarter inch that would have been a slot buster in your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,885 Posts
Crap. I’ve been fishing wrong this whole time!

Shopping list: Kuiu / Simms apparel, flat brim hat.
Bonus point: leave sticker on hat

·
Super Moderator
3,344 Posts
Vanilla, will you please be honest and admit the piece of clothing which you prize the most is the Patagonia t-shirt hiding under those other outer layers?!? 😉

·
Administrator
7,885 Posts
Welp, now this this thread has been hijacked. I’ll show myself out.

Neato fishy you got there Vanilla! 😎

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Shopping list: Kuiu / Simms apparel, flat brim hat.
Bonus point: leave sticker on hat
No reason to leave, Bax. We want to hear what you end up with when you go shopping!

And for the record, I think Nillas hat qualifies as a flat brim. I would like to see a construction level placed on the brim for confirmation.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

And for the record, I think Nillas hat qualifies as a flat brim. I would like to see a construction level placed on the brim for confirmation.
It certainly is borderline 🤣 But I don't have the camo or flat brim. I guess that is why I suck at fishing, My dad always said I wasn't holding my mouth right. Now I find out I'm not dressed right :(

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
IMG_4019.JPG

You see Bax, what fish can resist your offerings when you have the right camo on? (The answer today was quite a few) The fish don't even know you are there even if you are splashing around like a moron like I sometimes am.

I hear the new Kuiu fisherman's camo features a scent lock patterned after Berkley power bait, therefore rendering it illegal to wear when fishing AFL waters. ;)

·
Administrator
7,885 Posts
I hear the new Kuiu fisherman's camo features a scent lock patterned after Berkley power bait, therefore rendering it illegal to wear when fishing AFL waters. ;)
I nominate this as "Post of the Year" :D:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts