Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
21,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I got lucky opening morning and killed a banded redhead. I only shot once at that group and folded her up and quit shooting after that for some reason. Should have run it to the plug looking back now! 🤦🏼‍♂️ The rest were surely all banded 😉

She was from California, banded in 2019. Apparently it’s so bad there, even the ducks are leaving and coming to Utah!
Jersey Sleeve Waist Grey Thigh

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its pure hell up here. They call it pepperoni pizza but its more like bologna.

That's the truth. I've only hunted north of the border once. It was an amazing trip, with amazing scenery and birds, but I remember being SO TIRED of the food. Everything familiar was just a bit off, and never quite right. 5-6 days into the trip I was dreaming of a good meal back home.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And nice shoot Shane. Although we all know that photo is obviously photoshopped. One couldn't possibly kill limits over silo decoys, or with a 20 gauge. And here you are claiming to have done both. #fakenews 😂

I've shot lots of limits of honkers, and a limit of greenheads, but never both in the same day.
That's still on my bucket list. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Trust me Gander, I don’t pull that off on a consistent basis…but I sure do enjoy hunting over my Real Geese with my peashooter.
I’m fortunate enough to be retired enough that I can time storms for optimal shoots.
What sucked is my boy couldn’t join me so I couldn’t share it with anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts