Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from an AMAZING adventure in Sonora. I have dreamed about going down there for years to hunt big bucks. Finally 4 of us decided that it was time to go. We went 4 for 4 on nice Desert Mule Deer. I don't have time to write a bunch right now, but I will let you see some pictures. They tell 1000 words anyway.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
OH YA!
Very nice..

Love the hunting rig.8).

·
Registered
230 Posts
For the love of mule deer gods! Wait til SS sees this.
Giant Muleys with chocolate horns. I thought Christmas was last month?
Congrats

·
Registered
681 Posts
Incredible bucks! Do they get those dark horns from rubbing in the Mesquite brush? Those are really cool chocolate horns. Congrats to all of you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. It was an incredible trip for sure. It is my NO means easy. We killed the last buck (the wide 3x4) with only about 1 hour of light left on the last day. It was very tough hunting and a serious challenge. The hunting is very different than in the Mtns. but very fun.

The Cactus was over 450 years old. They were amazing. The truck was a 1960 ford. Way cool.

·
Administrator
7,936 Posts
Congrats!

I like pictures. They work well for guys like me who don't want to read 8)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How wide is that 3x4?! Sweet bucks!
The 3x4 is right at 31" wide. They figured him to be about 10 1/2 years old. Super old buck. There was another guy in camp from Mexico that shot one that was 33" wide.

Mine is only 25" wide but scores the best.

I honestly would have shot any of the 4 bucks we killed. We had an absolutely amazing trip.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ridgetop is going to freak when he sees those photos. Very nice!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts