Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the guys who helped point me in the right direction for this bull. It is the first elk I have taken. I called him in from about 400 yards across the canyon and shot him at about 15. He ran about 20 yards down the hill and died right there. I was super impressed with the exodus broad heads. He's not the biggest bull but not bad for my first one. I'm 6'8" and 260 lbs so it makes him look smaller with me behind him.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Congrats on your bull. I have to ask, (since I know the general area you were) how was it getting him out? That place can get nasty. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
That is an AWESOME bull! Super job and thanks for sharing it with us. GREAT elk!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Good bull for south cache. Especially archery. Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Great bull, Congratulations!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats on your bull. I have to ask, (since I know the general area you were) how was it getting him out? That place can get nasty. :mrgreen:
That was the worst pack out I have ever done. I think we found him in the steepest part of that area. All of our flash lights died cutting him up so we packed out for about two hours with just the light on my iPhone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts