Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I drew the premium limited entry elk tag with 18 points. know im like holy crap this is possible a once in lifetime tag. I thought I knew the unit have hunted many times in spots up there. Now I am like where in the heck do I begin. I have got maps and plan on spending most of the summer up there running around the unit. It is fairly close to where I live so I shouldn't go broke scouting this summer. My plans are to start my hunt the tail end of the archery season and role right in to the early rifle and keep going from there. Anyone want to pitch in any info.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got in to a bunch of bulls last year dropping off from the sinks towards bear lake. Several of those canyons get a lot of elk in them.
Sure seems like it's getting a lot harder to find big bulls on the cache. 18 points sounds like a lot to drop on this unit at this point. Hope you find a big one. Got to be a few left.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Honestly, i think the best advice anyone could give you would be to turn the tag back in. It's tanked as far as quality goes. There are so many other units that you could draw if you had 18 points.

I suspect with a Prem. tag and living close you will have lots of time to scout and lots of time to spend during the hunting season but honestly IDK if I would pass on a solid 330 bull if you found one and certainly I wouldn't expect to find or kill a 350 bull.

Good luck....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts