Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm new to turkey hunting, and this website for that matter. I set up my decoys where I'd scouted out a group of turkeys, and when they came off the roost, they all headed the opposite direction of where they had typically been going. I decided to follow them and try to sneak into range on a gobbling Tom this morning, and when I popped over the hill he saw me and took off into the trees. I waited for about a half hour but never saw or heard anything else. My question is will Tom's come back to the same place after being spooked, or is it best to pack up and try somewhere new.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is my first year for turkey hunting to so I'm far from an expert. But my experience scouting and hunting so far is that they're not coming back. They're very skittish and if there are plenty of hens around he doesn't have much reason to come back.

·
Banned
55 Posts
If you didn't shoot at them, they will most likely be back. I've seen many times where birds have been spooked and went right back to their normal pattern the next day, especially if you didn't REALLY chase them. But the more they get messed with, the more they will change their routine

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with Hunterchick. Birds will often times look to regroup in the same areas they were scattered from. This happened to me last year, I even shot and missed a bird and found him 200 yards away the next day doing his thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I can get away from work a bit in the next few days and get revenge!. Thanks everybody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts