Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused on what a Sportsman permit is. I mean, what can you hunt with it, how much does it cost, where can you hunt, and what can you hunt with. I read the proclamation on it, but I still am not too sure what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
JCR

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its a one in a million chance to hunt the big boys all fall and winter basically. for a small fee of only the tag cost and entry fee. good luck.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
JCR, a sportsmans tag allows the lucky owner of the tag to hunt the entire state where hunting is allowed, general and LE units, from September 1st thru December 31st for that species, whether that is deer/elk/turkey/moose/mt lion/bison etc. Odds of drawing are horrible, but you can't draw a tag like this w/o applying, just look at as a once a year lottery ticket purchase, you may just get lucky and draw a tag that is as good as any tag anywhere on the planet. You luck out and draw, and you, just as winning the lotto, will have 'friends' coming out of the woodwork.

PRO

·
Registered
64 Posts
gotta pay to play, more this year but oh well,
just wait till ya draw you will be offered to PAY again :wink:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
rifle666 said:
gotta pay to play, more this year but oh well,
just wait till ya draw you will be offered to PAY again :wink:
Since the DWR can't post names of the lucky tag holders, how would this come about? :roll:

PRO

·
Registered
64 Posts
what are you talking about now, guide fees? i did not bring it up.

if they draw your name, you get to pay for the license. right?

:roll:

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah PRO.... what were you thinking?? :roll: :mrgreen:

I was going down the same road as you. I have wondered why people have been rumored to get a ton of "extra friends" and mail after they draw. I just figured that outfitters are in with the gov. or military. Is'nt that how they find those 500" bulls?? Night ops, hummers, etc.? :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts