Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the odds are off the charts. I just can't find any information about it, so I was wondering what the policy was. Are you eligible to draw a 2nd sportsman's tag in the same drawing? Or does a successful draw remove you from other lotteries that you had purchased?

Is there a written policy I overlooked? Odds of a single drawing are hard enough but at sometime is it possible that someone could draw two tags or more in the same year draw? Maybe ridiculous but anomalies happen. Obviously not related to the Utah hunt tags as they are orchestrated hahahaha. Jk

· Registered
1,040 Posts
I know the odds are off the charts. I just can't find any information about it, so I was wondering what the policy was. Are you eligible to draw a 2nd sportsman's tag in the same drawing? Or does a successful draw remove you from other lotteries that you had purchased?

Is there a written policy I overlooked? Odds of a single drawing are hard enough but at sometime is it possible that someone could draw two tags or more in the same year draw? Maybe ridiculous but anomalies happen. Obviously not related to the Utah hunt tags as they are orchestrated hahahaha. Jk
I hate it when I draw two Sportsmans tags and have to forfeit one of them.
Very tough decision.

· Registered
2,928 Posts

There IS NO rule against drawing or using more than one Sportsman's tag per year! Has it ever happened? Only the DWR would know since they don't publish the names of the winners. But my guess is that it has happened since it happened quite often with the EXPO tags when it was allowed. In fact in 2017, Heidee Latham won 3 EXPO tags (Bull elk, Pronghorn, Cougar) and got to keep them all. But since those names are published, there was enough public outcry that they now allow only one EXPO tag per year. So, if you ever win more than one Sportsman's tag, please don't say anything in order to allow us the same chances! 😊

· Registered
5,472 Posts
There IS NO rule against drawing or using more than one Sportsman's tag per year! Has it ever happened? Only the DWR would know since they don't publish the names of the winners. But my guess is that it has happened since it happened quite often with the EXPO tags when it was allowed. In fact in 2017, Heidee Latham won 3 EXPO tags (Bull elk, Pronghorn, Cougar) and got to keep them all. But since those names are published, there was enough public outcry that they now allow only one EXPO tag per year. So, if you ever win more than one Sportsman's tag, please don't say anything in order to allow us the same chances! 😊
Huge difference in lightning striking multiple times within a pool of ~200 tags vs it happening within a pool of 11(?) tags. My bet is that it's never happened with sportsman's tags

· in need of more patience
696 Posts

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE SOME INSIDE NEWS THAT YOU ARE DEF GOING TO DRAW ? I WANT IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Sportsmans tag, your opportunity to give DWR money for nothing (queue up Dire Straights). I'd call it a lottery, but your limited to "one ticket" per species. I'm sure there's a few exceptions on the forum, but I reckon you'll have more luck seeing lighting strike twice, pigs fly, dogs and cats living together, and flying elk pulling Santa's sleigh.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Sportsmans tag, your opportunity to give DWR money for nothing (queue up Dire Straights). I'd call it a lottery, but your limited to "one ticket" per species. I'm sure there's a few exceptions on the forum, but I reckon you'll have more luck seeing lighting strike twice, pigs fly, dogs and cats living together, and flying elk pulling Santa's sleigh.
I know a guy who drew one once. Best $10 I’ve ever spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts