Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there deer on this island? I know it's famous counterpart holds some big ones but I've never thought about this island. Thinking about a shed hunt there but I bet it gets hit pretty hard.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
There used to be a few deer out there ,don't know about now,haven't been out for awhile.My brother shot one out there once years ago. Bleazard family owns a lot of it private. Not an Antelope Island!

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Stansbury Island would be one of the better places to hunt within unit 1, if you don't want to deal with a lot of other hunters . You would have an incredible view of Western Utah and the surrounding lake but for seeing a lot of deer, not so much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I work/live right at the north end of it for 4 months of the year. Yes it has deer and IMHO I think there are more deer then what most people think. As stated above access can be difficult as both sides of the road going into the island are private. However the private ground only extends so far up the west face and the majority of the top and east side is BLM. If you are willing to hike some gnarly miles plenty of access can be had from the south end by where everyone shoots. I doubt you will see many shed but I know for a fact there a few nice deer running around out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts