Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can assist. How are the numbers near Bald Mountain?

Any other locations anyone know of? Any help would be great

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Not many elk around there at all. There are a few(but very few) that hang out around the rush valley, bottom of Hickman and South Mnt. and may go up around Baldy for the day but they don't live up there. Problem is, a lot of that land is private they hang on.

·
Registered
580 Posts
baldy is more of a transition area from summer in ophir to there wintering grounds, at one time you could find a good selection on the late hunts but unfortunately those bulls have pretty well been shot out and while you may still find a few for the majority what you will find are two to three year old bulls. sorry but you can thank the dwr for bombing another unit.

·
Banned
55 Posts
baldy is more of a transition area from summer in ophir to there wintering grounds, at one time you could find a good selection on the late hunts but unfortunately those bulls have pretty well been shot out and while you may still find a few for the majority what you will find are two to three year old bulls. sorry but you can thank the dwr for bombing another unit.
I think you're talking about a different area than what he is... The baldy and area around there, he's asking about has never really had elk on it.... Ever.

·
Registered
580 Posts
could very well be im talking about the one between soldiers and dry canyon. and you are totally correct about the west side by the time the late hunts on there on the military base sticking there tongues out.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Towhitch,
which Bald Mnt. were you referring to?
I just assumed it was the one on the Stansburys because of your title post.
But there is a Bald Mnt. near Stockton on the Oquirrhs too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is my DH unit. I spend quite a bit of time out there. If you want to go for a ride and short hike with me, I can show you a good place to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts