Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this post is a little after the fact, but better late then never huh?

I took a friend of mine to get into some big cutts. We fished from tubes just outside of the ladders. This is where I caught my big boy last time and thought it was worth a try again. We started fishing around seven and were out of the water by nine. Turned out my friend had a hole in the left leg of his waders and was freezing his toes off. We probably would have stayed out much longer but... oh well. We were casting luckycraft pointers. Only caught five in the two hours we were out. They were all over 19" with the largest coming in just under 23".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice fish!!! The berry is always a sweet place for some good size trout. Too bad about your buddies waders. I for one can't wait for the ice to start forming up there, that's when I tend to have the best luck. Congrats again on some nice fish.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Nice job.... Thats a bummer about your waders. I had the same thing... well, a crack in my hunting waders boot and so I froze up there also until the sun came out and thawed my poor toes.... :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
sorry to hear about your buddies waders. leaky waders seem inevitable. i had a leak on my left foot and just as i got it patched i got a leak on my left leg. i once heard if you dont have leaky waders you dont fish enough :lol:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
That's kind of scary for me. His buddy has the same waders that I do, except I've got the built in boot. I hear those develop leaks even faster. :shock:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was kind of annoyed with him while we were fishing. He kept complaining about how cold it was... The hole in the waders kind of made me less annoyed. At least he had a reason. I just really wanted a huge cutt. The one I caught a couple of weeks ago has left this intense desire for a BIGGER fish. I'm going back... not this saturday but the one after. Anyone who wants in on the trip let me know. It would be fun to get a bunch of us together and hunt down a couple of 30" ers...

Also on the topic of Strawberry... I really want to ice fish it this year but have no idea how nor the gear to get it done. I'm originally from Hawaii, so all instinct tells me to hide inside where its warm in the winter, but this year I want to give it a try. If anyone ice fishes the berry and would let me tag along sometime this winter shoot me a PM please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts