Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the ladders. It was very cold, but there was still wide open water. I should have brought some minnows along, because the lure action was pretty slow. Only caught one 17" cutt. I did manage to land a crawdad with my Luckycraft lure though!

Pretty Random Huh?!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, no mud creek update. I thought about checking it out, but I read that the road in wasn't plowed. I drive a pt cruiser... chances weren't good that I'd make in to see. And if I did make it in, I probably wouldn't make it out.

Yeah there's some ice in the background. It was floating around the surface. It was super thin though and most of it was gone by the time I left. Most of what you see that looks like ice is just the snowy shoreline. I'm actually in the water looking back at the shore. I was getting bored so I walked out a bit and started casting.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Glad you made it out. Too bad you couldn't hook into any big guys. Was your PT Cruiser able to make it down by the water? Last time I went, I had to park on the hwy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got in a little ways. I didn't get all the way to the water, just to the pay box. It looks like there had been quite a few trucks through there. Once it opened up and wasn't just a little road the tracks went all over the place and there was no trail anymore. There were even tracks to the waters edge where it looked like some crazy fool launched his boat!

I really wished I had brought some minnows along. There were two times that I saw a fish follow my lure, they just weren't aggressive in taking it. I think a minnow would have been more to their liking. They seemed pretty lazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts