Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I'm heading out to Strawberry tomorrow to fish with my family. We'll be taking our boat, 16' Aluminum V-hull, we have fished fairly successfully on the Soldier Creek side but we're looking to try from the Strawberry Bay Marina. Any pointers you might have of where to head from the Marina would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rainbows or Cutts, we'll have our 3 young ones with us so we're looking to get them hooked up as much as possible. Eventually we're gonna try our hand at the Koke's, but we'll save that for a day without the kids until we get it figured out.

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Young ones...

Head for 30-20 foot deep water, get Garlic cheese, Bait up with a egg sinker, lower lines down and let the wind push the boat around, slow dragging that cheese. You can have 100 fish days doing that.

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I have always had success fishing Strawberry Bay and Haws Point. Garlic an sherbet glitter powerbait seem to be the best.

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help gents. We got up this morning looked at the weather and almost backed out, then remembered a short bad day of fishing is better than sitting home. We were able to boat 3 fish before we decided the weather was looking to daunting. Good thing we chickened out, as we got in to the harbor just in time. It was a fun learning experience. We're going to head back up in a week or two and try it again. Thanks again for the info! All were caught on garlic rigs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts