Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father-in-law is insatiable when it comes to fishing so off we went to Strawberry on Thursday even though we had just gone to Mantua on Tuesday. We took the 16 ft aluminum boat and launched at Mud Creek. The temps were relatively mild and the wind stayed away but only until 10:30 AM. After the wind came up hard we retreated to the safety of Mud Creek Bay. We had a difficult time finding a good pattern and the fishing was relatively slow for us. We didn't find any rainbows and the Cutthroats we caught trolling were shallow. We caught fish on gold spoons, hoochie squid behind dodgers and spinners. We also bait fished in Mud Creek. We fished from 8:30 AM until 6:30 PM. We caught 12 fish and lost another 8. 10 of the 12 fish were 20 inches or better with the largest topping out at 22.5 inches. The other two were 18 and 19 inches long. Strawberry does spoil us with the average size of the fish doesn't it.

I was remiss and didn't take any fish pictures as it seemed we were really busy measuring the fish, trying to remove the hooks and reviving the fish to swim another day. I am attaching two scenery pictures taken late in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts