Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have experience with one of these? They sound good, and have a contract with the Navy SEALS, but the only distributor is the SWFA catalog so it's not like you can go to a store and check them out before you purchase. There is either 10, 16, or 20x magnification available. All of them are 42mm and rear parallax, but the 10x is available in either rear or side parallax.

http://www.supersniper.com/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if I like what I'm hearing. From other sites, it sounds to me like they are rebadged Tascos. I'm not so sure I'd want to drop $300-$400 on a Tasco, especially without seeing it first.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hear you there - neither would I.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm, the skinny is they are made by a company called Hakko out of Japan. Supposedly the best manufacturer of glass there. They used to make these scopes for Tasco before Tasco got bought out and all the Tasco stuff started getting made in China. Tasco was essentially the agent or distributor for them. Now, the Super Sniper scopes that aren't government contract are made specifically for SWFA. I'm still debating whether or not I want to give it a try. Not sure what the warranty is like or if SWFA will let me return it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Al Hansen said:
Love my Nikons :shock:
I like them too, but they don't have a fixed 10x. I've got a Nikon with the side focus and BDC on my Savage .22-250 and love it. My other options that I've found so far would be a Bushnell Elite 3200 or a Millett. Then it jumps up to $650+ with the Burris XTR and the European brands. I kinda want to stay under $400.

If I don't find anything that I like in my price range, then I'll probably go with a variable power Burris Fullfield II Tactical.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I first bought a 20x and it was not a very clear scope. I then bought the 10x with the side parallax and it was a pretty impressive scope. The 10x with side parallax is the actual scope they made for the Navy Seals. I wouldn't get one with the rear parallax they really aren't built the same. Personally I would still rather save a few extra bucks and buy a Leupold. You can find some 10x fixed power Leupold's for a good price on ebay if you watch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't really trust buying scopes on eBay. They've been having a lot of issues lately with people selling knock-offs, especially Leupold. I've got a buddy that works there and they've had quite a whirlwind of problems lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts