Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Congrats.... have you hunted them before? If so... enjoy the hunt, if not.... its going to be a good time!!! They're certainly cool! :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
SUCCESSFUL!!! First tag since 2003. What a year! I drew my muzzy deer and my LE Elk and now this? Man things couldn't be any sweeter. It is going to be a very busy fall :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
No email one way or the other yet for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SUCCESSFUL!!! :D 8)
This will be my first swan hunt so I am stoked! Any tips or advice? What shells do you guys prefer for swan?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet. Hope that's not a bad sign. With my luck, my application probably got chewed up by the dogs. Hopefully, they are just going in alphabetical order with the notice emails.

:?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
ChrisN said:
SUCCESSFUL!!! :D 8)
This will be my first swan hunt so I am stoked! Any tips or advice? What shells do you guys prefer for swan?
I used 3 1/2 Winchester BB's I think was what they were... had to chase the **** thing all the way across OB to finally snap its neck. :? I should have just shot it with my regular Kents... but it was my first year. I think if I had it to do all over again, I would take ten shells of very heavy shot as swan loads and put the bird down right away.... something like a box of Tungsten-Matrix or one of the other very heavy alternatives. Oh.. a little advice... its like watching a big plane come in... they're going a lot faster than they look. :wink:

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
I have killed my swan last year with winchster 3 1/2 bb and droped it right in it tracks. it not the shell that kills the bird it teh shooter. as long as you get it in close and hit it right it will die right there. I would not shoot anything but 3 1/2 shells at them or pay teh extrea money and buy hevy shot or something like that. but if you dont want to spend the money get some 3 1/2 or 3 bb or bbb.there fun to hunt when decoying them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts