Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
There are still swans at Farmington. I saw a bunch get pounded the other day on center dike.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
There are still swans at Farmington. I saw a bunch get pounded the other day on center dike.
I wonder how many of those skybusters blasting at them actually had swan permits...dollars to donuts says less than half of them.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The guys I saw were carrying them back to their vehicles, so I would hope they had permits.

I got checked by the DWR out on Turpin last week. They pulled up in a boat next to my boat. I have never been checked while hunting from a boat. I liked that they were out there, but I bet next time they think twice about coming in that shallow stuff with a hyperdrive. It's longtail country where I was hunting.;-):mrgreen:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw a single Pelican flying at farmington this last weekend. Not a good time to be a large white birds flying low down there. Oh but wait they have all completed there Swan ID course. So no worries then.

Spry

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Rainbow unit at Harold crane. The guys all filled their tags on Thursday four birds down

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have been seeing a bunch of them out of the swan zone. I wish that they just kept the swan hunt open throughout the entire state. Just let the people shoot their 2,000 swans and be done with it. I had a swan tag this year, and it would have been a much more enjoyable experience if I hadn't been limited to hunting south of 1A. I have a hard time believing that they would see an increase in the number of trumpeter swans harvested if they did this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts