Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a head up. I live in Weston and went out to feed animals and there is flock after flock headed south to utah. I love this time of year

·
Super Moderator
9,824 Posts
The DWR is already posting about swans on their FB page

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I saw probably 30 or so in the BRBR/PSG area yesterday morning, I think that's the trickle before the flood!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The last 2 days I've seen snow geese at FB. Kind of strange but it is the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The last 2 days I've seen snow geese at FB. Kind of strange but it is the end of the month.
Seems like there are always a few that move through the state this time of year, never in large numbers but they are always here. I shot one a few years ago and I have a few friends that have also. For a few years there was a lone snow goose that would hang with a big flock of Canadas in Cache Valley, I always wondered if he knew he was different than his buddies haha.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I was out west of Turpin last night and heard some snows also.

Possibly some of the same ones you saw.
Wednesday afternoon I bumped a 4 pack off the north sandbar where I planned to set up. Two adults & two juvies munching on the salt grass. Later heading back in a single juvie was on feeding on patch of salt grass when I drove by. I thought it was wounded because it didn't fly until I was about 30 yards from it. Thursday morning a pair of flew over me right after daybreak.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Seen a surprising amount this evening. Even could have pounded one with a flock that was 20 yards high buzzing my spread. No decs... no tag... was a few MASSIVE sized flocks higher heading south too.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Do it! My dad got his this morning. He saw a lot more than he expected.
I'm at a disadvantage a bit.....I don't have a boat and have to pound the ground. I really don't want to sit the dike at BRBR. I had full intensions of getting a boat for the waterfowl hunt, but the wife had other plans for the money I had saved for a boat.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
:O--O--O:

Got it done yesterday! There were about 10 minutes of shooting light left when a flock came overhead. The weather made it difficult, but there are birds to be had.

If you have a tag, I'd consider going next weekend. The weather could make things interesting.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts

Got it done yesterday! There were about 10 minutes of shooting light left when a flock came overhead. The weather made it difficult, but there are birds to be had.

If you have a tag, I'd consider going next weekend. The weather could make things interesting.
Congratulations, good job!

·
Registered
426 Posts
We got lucky and had small flock cooperate yesterday morning and I got two guys on their first birds.

When we checked in the birds, the officer told us they’ve already had 2 trumpeters checked. So the countdown has begun...

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
We got lucky and had small flock cooperate yesterday morning and I got two guys on their first birds.

When we checked in the birds, the officer told us they've already had 2 trumpeters checked. So the countdown has begun...
#3 was shot this morning....

·
1,666 Posts

Hopefully they do not go anywhere. I might have to go try a few spots this weekend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts