Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some big flocks arriving this morning while hunting the Public Shooting Grounds.
Thought all you with permits might like a heads up 8)
I also shot a duck I'm not sure I can identify. Any help out there?[attachment=0:29aw2dm6]what.jpg[/attachment:29aw2dm6]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's correct,the PSG is closed to swan hunting, and I haven't got a tag either. But, the swans we saw were headed to the Bird Refuge.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know that too, but the swans (6) were sitting in the same bay as the geese before the day was over. Been seeing alot of wierd things this year already. One of the others was having a coyote come into the duck calls on opening day (easy meal?).

But then my brother shot his swan last year second weekend of the season over the goose decoys at about 20 FT.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
it hard to tell by the pic. it look like it a ring neck but then it a beat up and bloody to tell for shure. I seen soem swan at ogden bay yesterday and they where up there with the planes. so the cold weather has pushed some new birds in to.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was in Id. chasing Roosters all weekend and saw and heard flock after flock of Swans heading south. Some flocks must of had a few hundred birds in them.

That duck looks like an apartment complex hybred.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like a dead duck to me! *()*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts