Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
They make 3" 16 gauge's? I'd line up for one.
None I am aware of after the 1930's, and they were doubles I believe. I wish Browning would be the first, since they teamed up with Winchester and have their own brand of ammo now. How cool would a 3" 16 semi-auto be?
And offer it in different stocks and patterns so it could be used for waterfowling. And make ammo affordable and easily available......now I'm just talking crazy.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Great guns for sure. I love hunting upland game with my grandpa's sweet sixteen A5 (1950s model). It would be fun to have one I could use for waterfowl.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
With ammo availability for the 16 I wonder if this will be a marketing blunder for Browning? It must be built on a 12ga frame? Why not produce a 20ga first?

·
Registered
381 Posts
All the shot show reviews I've seen it's not a 12ga frame. It was built as a 16 frame. I see plenty of 16ga shells from distributers just pricy on some. I'm thinking $1400 in local stores.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With ammo availability for the 16 I wonder if this will be a marketing blunder for Browning? It must be built on a 12ga frame? Why not produce a 20ga first?
5 lbs 13 oz.
"Like its most revered predecessor, the Browning A5 16 gauge is built on a smaller, lighter receiver for reduced weight and a sleek feel in your hands."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts