Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to hunting in utah, and I want to go duck hunting with some people. I don't have a dog , well one that will retrieve anyways, and I am un-sure of the best places to go. I would like to go out on the opener and wondered if anyone minded if I tag along. I live in the Salt Lake valley but driving somewhere for a good hunt doesn't bother me a bit. Originally I planned on going to Utah Lake but I am afraid my 20 foot ski boat won't fit in the marsh or will get stuck and it might be too flashy for the ducks anyways. So if anyone is willing to let me come along with them I would be most grateful.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you want to drive to Richfield??? You are welcome to tag along with my buddys and I. Most likely I will be heading to Panguitch,you can ride with me from Richfield to there. It will be a all day hunt,so you would need to plan on leaving wwell after dark. I would not take your ski boat out, just walk and find shallow area and setup.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm unavailable for the opener, but if you wanted to get out later in the season, let me know...as long as you don't mind a hike!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I don't know many of the best places but I do have some spots I hit pretty regularly. That might change this year but if I do have a day when I'm feeling the need for company, I'll PM ya and you can meet me out whereever. I dont mind company usually so it'd be cool to hook up and hunt.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Greenhead, where do hunt at in Panguitch? Do you focus on the sevier river or panguitch lake? Just curious, when it gets later in the season I hunt down that way quite a bit. River is usually my best spot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greenhead thanks for the invite and thank you everyone else as well. I am not sure where the heck Rickfield is, still trying to find my way around Utah some, Been in Utah for about 7 years and I am now finally able to get up and around to do things again. Through and through I am a good old southern boy from Georgia (minus the accent). Given it is late I am thinking the duck opener will be a lone one for myself, but most any other weekend I am good to go driving to pretty much whereever, and hike almost anywhere my 2 legs will carry me. I am going to head out to either Farmington Bay or Ogden bay and give it a shot, and hopefully come home with atleast 1 duck :) I will let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
rockymtn_views said:
I am not sure where the heck Rickfield is...
Hey, here's a Rickfield map for you...

Oh wait, sorry! That's not quite right. You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl... ;)

All kidding aside, It's Richfield and it's down in central Utah, closer to the southern border. Cool little area down that way. I keep threatening my wife I'm going to take a position there or in Gunnison. I can't tell you her response without triggering some profanity blocker or something. :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey Green..... we gonna hook up this year for some Canada's :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts