Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how many tags are being released on the late season limited entry muzzle loader hunts?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
We'll know the end of April after the wildlife board meeting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'll just hope to be extremely lucky! Either way, 9 points probably wouldn't be close to what I usually put in for (Vernon).

Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Still one of my biggest pet peeves that tag numbers aren't known during the application period. So stupid!
This sounds great in theory...but, in practice? Tag number aren't determined until after spring classification and counts are finished up. So, if the application process were to be done after tag numbers are determined, we probably wouldn't learn about successful or unsuccessful draw applications until mid-June at the very earliest or even mid to late July. For me, this is a little late in the game....I like knowing if I drew or not in May! I think there is some give and take with the way things are...

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
While that reason sounds good in theory, but in practice? (see what I did there???)

The Wildlife Board meeting where the tags are set is the end of April/beginning of May, no? Why not make the application period start April 10th, and run through May 7th? That way if you want to apply before the tags are set just to get your application in, you can. If you want to wait until the last minute and see where tag numbers are at, you can do that as well. There is absolutely no reason that they need 2+ months to run the draw process. It is all electronic now. It could be done in a week and the results could come out the exact same time as they do now.

It is 2016. This is very possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts