Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son shot a buck yesterday. While cutting up the meat today we noticed white cysts that look like tomato seeds all over in the meat. A quick Google search suggests Tapeworm is the culprit. Anybody else ever seen this.

We stopped cutting up the meat, and placed it in the cooler. Will contact DWR tomorrow. -O,-

·
Super Moderator
9,625 Posts
Yep, if you freeze or cook hot enough it will kill any extra proteins in the meat.

You should of cut open the intestines to see if you could find a nice long one in them. I remember back in high school and in the Zoology class going down to Kunis when they were in south Provo and picking up pig intestines. We then took them out to the football field and dissected them, you wouldn't believe what we would find in them.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Timing is everything.

I'm soaking my sliced wild mushrooms in salt water and watching all the little worms die a grisly death.

Congrats on the deer. Make salami out of it...uh...heavy on the cracked coriander.

Reactions: johnnycake

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts

We stopped cutting up the meat, and placed it in the cooler......................... -O,-
That's good. You just shot the thing yesterday. Let it stay in the cooler awhile and tender up some. Then make biltong out of it. I dare ya to find a cyst in this:

Hey Elk777, any deer pictures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts