Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into possibly getting my deer done in european mounted. I live in Ogden. Suggestions on anyone and their prices??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Might be a little bit of a drive for you, but Skull Desings down in Salem does an awesome job and I believe it's only $100 for a deer. Robert did my deer from last year and it turned out great!

Here's his info:

Skull Designs, located in Salem, Utah - With the use of dermestid beetles, your skulls can be cleaned to perfection, resulting in professional, quality looking skulls with all nasal bones and features intact. Great prices and a quick turn around. Taxidermists welcome! We offer great rates for just cleaning the skulls. And we also do horn mounts and have plaques available. Give us a call at: (801) 362-0725

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Skull designs does all mine now. Most taxidermist that do euros with beatles send them to him and then mark the price up up and pass it on to you. I say cut out the middle man and take it to the source.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Packout in American Fork has a process that is neither... his skulls turn out beautifully white. They look like they are carved from ivory when done.

-DallanC

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know someone in north ogden that could do it he is just starting out but has worked closely with two high ranking taxidermists if youre interested send me a pm and I will hook you up he is currently doing an elk mount for my brother.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Packout did an elk & antelope euro for me 2 years back. Turn around was quick and they look great.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Plus one for Robert at Skull Design, he has done two elk and two deer for me in the past few years and they have turned out GREAT. One of the elk was a dead head and had been rotting for some time, Robert was able to clean it up and make it perfect.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Skull design all the way. I've had several done there and one done somewhere else. He does one heck of an out standing good job.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Check out Jake's Taxidermy in Plain City. He does awesome work, and is reasonably priced. 801-791-0388

·
Registered
77 Posts
How much time do you have? If you're not in any hurry do it yourself. My buddy and I have always discussed just burying the head and covering the antlers and let the bugs go to work for free. So last year my buddy shoots a buck and a bull so for the buck he decided to try it. He left it in the ground for just over a year and when he dug it up it looked great! All he had to do was hose it off. Personally I prefer the brown color to white.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts