Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been learning how to do taxidermy. I was just wondering where you get your plaster for your mud bases and where you get your fake reeds. What kind of paint do should I use to paint the feet and bill?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I dont do taxidermy, but I know my mother used to get fake reeds and catails from a craft store.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
TagmBagm said:
I have been learning how to do taxidermy. I was just wondering where you get your plaster for your mud bases and where you get your fake reeds. What kind of paint do should I use to paint the feet and bill?
I use bondo and resin with peat moss to make my mud bases. (Any auto body supply store)

I use real reeds, if you want them green just paint them with green floral craft paint. (Zims)

For ALL painting and finish work on birds an airbrush is a must. I use lacquer based paints but water base works too. (Tru-Fitt)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
huntducksordietrying said:
I dont do taxidermy, but I know my mother used to get fake reeds and catails from a craft store.
I can see it now, (man walks into craft store asks for fake reeds, explains why he needs them and gets disgusted looks)

I can stand craft stores.. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts