Utah Wildlife Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
News Flash - MooseMeat unable to accept Airborne archery challenge due scheduling conflict of Medieval Faire with his Merry Men (aka fellow UWF brah posse). He has agreed to shoot plastic apple from Hobby Lobby off Little John's head with nerf arrow at 80 yards. Video will be uploaded to youtube including GoPro footage from Little John's perspective.

Shoe Smile Plant Tree Leisure

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
[="Hunter Tom, post: 2249458, member: 6093"]
Can any one supply an email address to contact this committee?
[/QUOTE]
That depends on what you want to say to them! 😉

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Can any one supply an email address to contact this committee?
From the Wildlife Board workshop agenda.....

2. Technology Committee - Derrick Ewell and Gabe Patterson, co-chairs ● Committee make up and schedule ● What topics should the committee tackle first? Could include hunting big game with all three weapon types, scopes on muzzleloaders, etc. ● Survey needs

I believe that during the discussion all the members were named. I do not see it published. Nor do I see any contact information.
I have been unable to find any contact information searching Utah.gov or DWR.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
News Flash - MooseMeat unable to accept Airborne archery challenge due scheduling conflict of Medieval Faire with his Merry Men (aka fellow UWF brah posse). He has agreed to shoot plastic apple from Hobby Lobby off Little John's head with nerf arrow at 80 yards. Video will be uploaded to youtube including GoPro footage from Little John's perspective.

View attachment 152290
says the fat round road hunter. That’s back to his truck by 9 am cuz it’s raining and he’s afraid his puzzy will rust shut

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
This wager between Airborne and Moose has me thinking about the debate I had a guy with a guy on a Utah hunting FB page that was asking if somebody could zero his scope for him. He claimed he could drill the bullseye all day long at 900 yards he just wasn't good at zeroing a scope. I expressed doubt that somebody that couldn't even zero a scope was a 900 yard bullseye slaying assassin. He offered to meet up with me to prove it, but I declined. Sometimes I wish I would've just cleared an afternoon one weekend and took him up on it. I would've even zeroed his scope for him 😜

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
This wager between Airborne and Moose has me thinking about the debate I had a guy with a guy on a Utah hunting FB page that was asking if somebody could zero his scope for him. He claimed he could drill the bullseye all day long at 900 yards he just wasn't good at zeroing a scope. I expressed doubt that somebody that couldn't even zero a scope was a 900 yard bullseye slaying assassin. He offered to meet up with me to prove it, but I declined. Sometimes I wish I would've just cleared an afternoon one weekend and took him up on it. I would've even zeroed his scope for him 😜
Hey I can hit a milk jug at 1k in 5 shots or whatever the limit is, with my wife’s 6.5 creedmoor. Don’t need a fancy sticker on my truck to brag about it either 😎

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good ol' Cam "humble brag" Hanes.
Ever seen him shoot a bow in person? It’s hilarious. He was at the ISE one year, sometime around the whole “beast mode” thing and they had a pop up 3D shoot. He stands up there like he’s a God, and proceeds to shoot the plywood wall they had set up, 4/5 times. Oh it was glorious 🤣 he was hammering something, but it wasn’t the targets on that particular day

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Cam loves his “backcountry Utah elk hunts” on Deseret!

I’ve emailed multiple people looking for info on the technology committee. I’ve not had much luck getting responses thus far. I may have to see how far I have to go barking up this tree before I can get some answers?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
His buddy Rogan sure loves to fly from sunny LA (or I guess it is Texas now) into SLC and show the world what a backcountry badass he is. I will give Hanes his due respect, he showed he could get it done on public land OTC tags before he had the opportunities he does now. Rogan never had to bother slumming it with the peasants.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

I’ve emailed multiple people looking for info on the technology committee. I’ve not had much luck getting responses thus far. I may have to see how far I have to go barking up this tree before I can get some answers?
I too am awaiting a reply. I'm sure you have much more "pull" than I so good luck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dude, if a hunter can drill tacks at 60 yards with his bow, does that make him unethical if Google, of all sites, says it's unethical? Come on, you know the answer to that.

Perhaps YOU are the unethical hunter beyond 40 yards?
Yes it does. It's not a question of accuracy. Rather it's a question of flight time. An arrow traveling 320 ft per second will be in the air for .56 seconds at 60 yards.

Can an elk's vital area move more than 8 inches if it jumps or steps at the right moment as your releasing your trigger?

A human boxer can dodge a punch at .16 meters/second. So I personally believe an elk could move enough while an arrow is in the air to go from a great shot to a gut shot.

This is why any hunters education course in the country will say an ethical shot is 40 yards max.

But it's like anything else. People are great at justifying their behavior. The road is closed but there is no sign and I don't want to hike an extra mile. My side by side won't hurt anything so it's okay if I break the law and drive down this closed trail if I want.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I found a correlation between wounding rates and season lengths - the shorter the season, the higher the wounding rate.
That is really interesting, totally makes sense though. With a longer season people don't feel like the first legal animal they see will be their only opportunity so they are more patient and wait for a better more ethical shot.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts