Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of you guys have these and love them. What are the specs on these? (I.e. muzzle velocity) Why do you guys like them so much? Sounds like a cool little round. I have a 22-250, and a .223. They're both great, but I would like to learn more about the .204. To me having to many guns is about the same as saying, "having to much money" :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I could catch some crap for this but who cares. My little .204 has killed 1 mule deer, 3 white tails, 1 antelope, half dz coyotes, a hundred big jacks, and umting million priarie dogs. The little bugger flat out shoots!!!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A tiny, fragile projectile traveling 4000+ fps is absolutely devastating on varmints.

·
Registered
642 Posts
One word - BUY! -()/>-
You'll like it!
More velocity than a .22-250 but recoil (so you can watch the PDs explode in the scope) less than a .223 - any true varmint gun nut should have one.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NHS said:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A tiny, fragile projectile traveling 4000+ fps is absolutely devastating on varmints.

NHS There is only one thing I have to say about these pics. That was Awsome.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I didn't take that picture. Some guy on this forum did.
http://www.rugerhunting.com/forum/
There is some good info here about the .204 and a bunch of great guys. They are all gun nuts who know their stuff. About the picture above, they call it "Teaching Skippy how to jump."

·
Administrator
21,437 Posts
Cool pics NHS. Reminds me of the days of the "Red Mist Society" hunting prairie dogs up around Casper Wyoming.

I have taken many prairie dogs with the .204. It can't be beat. It always outperforms the other calibers, 223, 22-250, 220 swift, the 17s when we are out in a group. Wind doesn't seem to bother it much. The ploymer tip bullets are nasty.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
I personnaly do not own a .204 nor have I shot one, but I have never heard or read anything negative about it.

I would probably get one if I didn't already own a .223 WSSM. This gun is AWESOME! You can also see impacts through the scope as the velocity is comparable to the .204. The WSSM however retains energy better downrange, it is light and accurate but loud. I have never had a problem with it, it's a Browning Stainless Stalker with a chrome lined barrel and the barrel life is fine despite what you may hear. Any gun that pushes a bullet at 4,000 is going to be tough on barrels.

They say the WSSM is a dying breed and it may very well be, but it is one of my favorite rifles and it gives me a reason to start reloading! :D

Never heard of a dissatisfied .204 owner though.

sawsman

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Hey Fixed: If your really interested in one I might let you try it out. But I don't know where you live and it's none of my **** business. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
Hey Fixed: If your really interested in one I might let you try it out. But I don't know where you live and it's none of my **** business. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't even bother fixed blade....remember how Al is with the Stang?... :mrgreen:

The damage caused by the .204 is amazing !!!.. :shock: ....Weed and I use to shoot these with a 22-250 and a 25-06...But I never saw this type of 'seperation' ??.. :)
It must be the nasty speed of this little bullet......

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Al it's been awile how are ya doin? I remember you where pretty excited when you got your's. I have been coyote hunting alot, and am still pretty excited about my ar-15. I just put a leupold on it. That baby is way more acurate then I ever thought. I shot 1.5 inch groups with my red dot 2x magnification scope. I haven't sighted in the new leupold but I bet the groups get even thighter. When the new wares of the AR I would be interested in checking out the .204. Any time you want to go shooting let me know I'm always game. I have the big ear'd live targets, 20 mins from my house. :wink:

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
The wife says I get a couple of weeksends in a row off here next week and the week after. I might could break away for a Saturday. Stay in touch.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
You want in on this .45 ??? Could make a short day of it. Range or a little field operation with a few toys somewhere ????
I'm in !!!... :) :) ...Not sure about the field operation...what's between here and there ??

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.45 said:
[quote="Al Hansen":1kqpfbtt]You want in on this .45 ??? Could make a short day of it. Range or a little field operation with a few toys somewhere ????
I'm in !!!... :) :) ...Not sure about the field operation...what's between here and there ??[/quote:1kqpfbtt]

Here we go again, the the three caberos' of yesteryear. :D I'll buy the eclares and red punch. :p

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
fixed blade said:
Here we go again, the the three caberos' of yesteryear. :D I'll buy the eclares and red punch. :p
Let's buy the eclair's at Dick's Market in Bountiful...the best in the world !!!.. :) :)

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
fixed blade said:
[quote=".45":38ybwa9s][quote="fixed blade":38ybwa9s]

Let's buy the eclair's
[/quote:38ybwa9s]
I spelled eclair's wrong man I suck at spelling. :D[/quote:38ybwa9s]

Don't worry about the spelling or the pronunciation.. :)

When we're with Al at a resturant and we claim we have no money...we can just point at the picture in the menu.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Al.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts