Utah Wildlife Forum banner
341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
Close - it's the Hexpeak XL. I really love the tent, I just need to get better at setting it up so it's more windproof at the bottom. I'm thinking about sending it back and having them sew the snow skirt on it.
I thought they were floorless? That’s cool.

I have the MinipeakXL. Gonna use it next week!

·
Administrator
4,092 Posts
I thought they were floorless? That’s cool.

I have the MinipeakXL. Gonna use it next week!
Yeah, they are floorless but I’d like to be able to get the sides closer to the ground to help keep some of the elements out. When the wind was blowing, there was eight to ten inches of gap between the ground and the bottom of the sidewalls. That made for a chilly night!!

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
My trusty Eureka Timberline was retired a couple years ago thanks to a bunch of cattle that stomped through it while I was away during the elk hunt. My wife had some fun shopping online for a new tent for my elk hunting adventures and I was very impressed with her choice of this GeerTop tent. Held up great in wind and rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plant Tent Plant community Tarpaulin Camping

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Same tent as before, but this was taken well after dark using the "Night Sight" function on my Pixel 3. Two mantle Coleman lantern burning inside. My shadow thrown by the full moon is visible in the bottom left. Kinda cool tech for a phone.
Plant community Tent Plant Sky Tree

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
Plant Tent Tree Tarpaulin Shade

Well, I didn’t draw a tag this year and felt some serious FOMO so I decided to go camping instead.

Went out to the Vernon unit just because I wanted to see some nicer deer and set up a quick camp and hunkered down for the windy night.

Ended up watching Dune and used Duraflame logs which burned for about 3.5 hours each! It was crazy how long they lasted. I ended up only using 3 of them and was toasty all night long.

Interestingly, those logs don’t burn as hot as regular wood so I wasn’t uncomfortably warm either.

Side note- I counted the other day and I own 5 different tents and 7 sleeping bags. Might be hoarding…

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
We had just set it up. Tent first, then firewood. We had a cold night or two but not too bad overall. The mud sucked but that's a pretty normal thing.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
View attachment 149942
Well, I didn’t draw a tag this year and felt some serious FOMO so I decided to go camping instead.

Went out to the Vernon unit just because I wanted to see some nicer deer and set up a quick camp and hunkered down for the windy night.

Ended up watching Dune and used Duraflame logs which burned for about 3.5 hours each! It was crazy how long they lasted. I ended up only using 3 of them and was toasty all night long.

Interestingly, those logs don’t burn as hot as regular wood so I wasn’t uncomfortably warm either.

Side note- I counted the other day and I own 5 different tents and 7 sleeping bags. Might be hoarding…
what tent is this?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
what tent is this?
I've the same tent. It's a luxe minipeak XL. I wouldn't try buying one though. In short, the vendor has been marketing and selling product they no longer have. (poster child of supply chain issues) I ordered a tent pole from them back in december I think it was, and i've yet to recieve it. Others have had similar issues with tent orders.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
What do you guys think of this tent? comes in at a little over 3 pounds, has a vestibule for keeping my crap dry.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts