Utah Wildlife Forum banner
361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
What do you guys think of this tent? comes in at a little over 3 pounds, has a vestibule for keeping my crap dry.

At that weight, and price, my kneejerk reaction is "not bad". It looks like a very similar design that many manufactuers use. For a point of comparison, check out the Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1. Similar in design, less mesh, 4 pounds, roughly same price range.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
At that weight, and price, my kneejerk reaction is "not bad". It looks like a very similar design that many manufactuers use. For a point of comparison, check out the Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1. Similar in design, less mesh, 4 pounds, roughly same price range.
I’ll check it out!

I think if I replace the stakes with lightweight ones, I can get it down to 3 flat

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
what tent is this?

I also have the inner tent although not fully necessary

I’m tempted to buy a Pomoly stove next just because they are easier to set up than the 3W that I own

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

I also have the inner tent although not fully necessary

I’m tempted to buy a Pomoly stove next just because they are easier to set up than the 3W that I own
how is it in the rain, when not using the internal tent?

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
how is it in the rain, when not using the internal tent?
if you have a small cot, just fine. But I haven’t been in an absolute downpour

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
if you have a small cot, just fine. But I haven’t been in an absolute downpour
Ive been looking at this tent pretty heavily but decided to read reviews on customer service and have been reading horror stories… what was your experience?

I might just go with the Pomoly Hussar, even though it’s a smaller.. kinda sucks cause the Luxe looks awesome

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
Ive been looking at this tent pretty heavily but decided to read reviews on customer service and have been reading horror stories… what was your experience?

I might just go with the Pomoly Hussar, even though it’s a smaller.. kinda sucks cause the Luxe looks awesome
I didn’t need any customer support tbh so I can’t weigh in on that. But it hasn’t given me any problems so I haven’t needed to.

They do have the tent on sale again though..

I really want a pomoly stove…,

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I didn’t need any customer support tbh so I can’t weigh in on that. But it hasn’t given me any problems so I haven’t needed to.

They do have the tent on sale again though..

I really want a pomoly stove…,
from what I’ve been reading, it’s on the ordering side, orders coming in months late, sometimes, not at all.

those stoves look pretty nice, let me know how it turns out if you get one!

I might just get this guy, 2.5 pounds for a two man tent ain’t bad

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
from what I’ve been reading, it’s on the ordering side, orders coming in months late, sometimes, not at all.

those stoves look pretty nice, let me know how it turns out if you get one!

I might just get this guy, 2.5 pounds for a two man tent ain’t bad

You’re welcome to check my Luxe out before you order if you’d like.

Reactions: Ray

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
what is the pack size of the luxe? Easily fit in a backpack?
Totally estimating but I’d guess about 20”x 7” rolled up. About the same size as my REI Passage 1 tent.

The stove is kinda big though.

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
@Ray

I just bought the Pomoly T1 Mini and OMG this thing is soooooooo much easier to set up than my 3W stove. It also comes with a spark arrestor chimney cap that you can place guy lines on for stability.

If you haven’t bought a stove yet, I’d definitely encourage you to look.

Prob gonna throw my 3W stove up for sale. Nothing wrong with it. Just think the Pomoly is a better fit for me.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
@Ray

I just bought the Pomoly T1 Mini and OMG this thing is soooooooo much easier to set up than my 3W stove. It also comes with a spark arrestor chimney cap that you can place guy lines on for stability.

If you haven’t bought a stove yet, I’d definitely encourage you to look.

Prob gonna throw my 3W stove up for sale. Nothing wrong with it. Just think the Pomoly is a better fit for me.
I’ll have to take a look! They running a sale?

·
Administrator
8,259 Posts
I’ll have to take a look! They running a sale?
I bought mine on Amazon oddly enough. It was 15% off two days ago. But now it seems to be gone?

361 - 380 of 383 Posts