Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Tents

74K views 382 replies 73 participants last post by  Lone_Hunter 
#1 ·
Tents are cool. Put up your tent pictures!!

Texas Lake, Wind River Mtns '07

Scouts, Feb 1966

Rifle Elk '09

See less See more
Reactions: Ray
#10 ·
Can you find the tent?

McPheters Lake, North Slope of the Uintas, July 13th 1997

It snowed the day before this picture was taken.

#11 ·
Well, Goob, since its winter, how about my version of an ice shelter tent? Here are my boys and a friend up at Mantua a couple years ago, with our "ice shelter" in the background.

[attachment=0:2bxdmpli]DSCF1949.JPG[/attachment:2bxdmpli]

Attachments

#20 ·
Yonni said:
Hint, that is a 3 sided peak, it's on the wasatch front
The valley we are in is called Maybird gulch, the tent was packed but it was perfect spot to not set it up!
Oh, OK, I know which one it is. Haven't been to that spot then. I have seen that peak from another peak though.

I love to sleep on the ground. I slept with some scorpions on the banks of Lake Powell once and the wife and I had a close-call with a rattlesnake in the Badlands NP in South Dakota.

#22 ·
Thanks stillhunterman. The Uintas and the Winds are great for lake-hoppin'. You can walk up one drainange and down another and hit 25 to 30 lakes. I still go, but not like I use to. I really don't have many tent pictures, I always thought they were kind of trashy. Now I wish I would have taken more, especially of the kids.

Well I'm not building a photo album these days, I'm building a retirement. :)

Amethyst '96

#255 ·
Hey gdog, this look familiar? It's Margie Lake up on Rock Creek

I was on a 4-day loop hike, no insect repellant. The mosquitoes were crazy, flying in my mouth as I took this picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.