Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a tall order but I am going to ask anyway. I am looking at driving to Texas and hunting some pigs. Really don't want to do a guided hunt. Have hunted pigs before and just need a good area to go. So I am hoping that there might be someone who has a personal connection to a ranch that would allow a small family group some time on their land to attempt to eliminate a few pigs. Really going more for the adventure and to spend some time with my dad who will be eighty next year. With the daughter shooting her elk so fast this year we just did not get enough time together with him. I would not mind paying a trespass fee but am not rolling in the money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suspect the best way for this to go would be through PM's.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Not sure where to go in Texas, I will reach out to my brother who works in Shreveport near east Texas and ask if he has any contacts. What part of Texas are you thinking of? If you were going to central Louisiana I could probably get you on some.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well since I am in Washington I am hoping maybe Fort Worth and west, but am willing to spend the time to go where we can hunt. I am a little crazy when it comes to driving places and might could be talked into the drive to your part of the south if the Area worth it. Was hoping to shoot maybe two or three pigs each and see part of the country we have not seen before. So the drive is part of the adventure here, not part of the problem!

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Well Central LA is about a 6 hour drive from Ft Worth and it's interstate highway the whole way so not a bad drive. Let me circle back to my brother. I know he usually gets 2-3 per year at his deer camp. When are you heading down there? By the way, it's been unseasonably warm down there lately, 70's and 80's this week.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
California is very expensive and would like to see some of Texas. Also would like to shoot more than one. Remember the drive will be part of the adventure and my dad lives in St George so I would stop along the way and pick him up. Time frame is only spring sometime. Would depend more on when we could access the property. What's 6 hours after 31.....:mrgreen:

Reactions: johnnycake

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Head over tohttp://forums.accuratereloading.comandlookup crazyhorseconsulting he has really affordable customizable options for pig hunting near Wichita Falls

·
Registered
278 Posts
Most places in Texas you will need to at least pay a trespass fee. They do have some pubic hunting areas but I believe the draws for the pigs are over. Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
There's plenty of game ranches that very affordable pig hunts as the things are everywhere. As far as just hunting someone's land good luck. Hunting is big business in Texas and the days of people letting you hunt their land for free are for the most part gone. Public land is scarce but if you wanted to go to east texas there's some public land around that's full of hogs but it's heavy wooded and not easy. Pig hunting in east texas can be extremely easy today and then for the next 10 hunts you swear your never wasting your time again. Good luck though. I truly miss texas pig hunting. It's a blast most the time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts