Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to not tempt fate, or anger the gods, or invoke bad juju… each year when the hunts begin I enter the field with the hope of getting just one good opportunity to fill my tag and put some antlers on the wall and meat in the freezer. I trust that when that one good chance does happen that I am up to the task. This year's muzzleloader elk hunt was all about that one good chance…
Here's the link to my story if you're interested: http://utahbiggameodds.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Great story Derek. I gotta admit though, I was hoping for a different ending!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That was a great story. You are definitely a talented writer. Thanks for the break from work! I look forward to reading another story from you next time.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Thanks for the story. I've missed out on a few in my time too.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a great time! Here's the real question for you... how many sheds did Doug end up finding this time?
We covered that area pretty well in the late winter & spring so sadly he didn't find anything new. I did stumble on to a point of a moose antler that had broken off a paddle. I also found a couple of dead heads... one 2pt buck deer and one spike elk, both had been there a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I want to say congrats on your successful hunt. (even though you never harvested one) That kid will always remember that hunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts