Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Strawberry marina on wensday fishing was good My step dad and I iced 24 fish between us, all within the slot limit some were close. The ice was about six inches or so about a foot of snow on top of the ice. Got some pics put can't figure out how to post them

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the report. I'd love to see some photos, so I'll send you a pm with some instruction.

edit:

Okay, so you have your pm function turned off. :lol:

Let's see. I'm not sure about downloading pics directly to this site (it can be done...read FAQ), but I prefer hotlinking from an image hosting site like photobucket.com.

If you don't have an account with them, it's free and easy to set up. Just visit the site and find a link to register.

Once you have a PB account, you can upload from your pc to the hosting site. I like to copy the images to an easy-to-find folder and then resize them.

Resizing requires some extra key strokes, but it will save you time on the upload and will make posting pics easier for you later. Open the file (your pic), search the tool bar for any kind of edit function. If you can't find "edit" or "modify", maybe there's a tool called "image". From one of those tools, you will find "resize". Click that and look for text windows with numbers in them that usually pop up after clicking or show up beside the photo. The numbers will be in units of "inches", "centimeters", or "pixels". You'll want it to be in pixels.

Now you can simply change the numbers to the pixel count desired. Change the width to 618 pixels and it will automatically adjust the height to the proper size. 618 is what will fit in your post and it will also reduce the size of the file (in megabytes).

It seems like quite the procedure when written, but I was just being careful since I don't know how familiar you are with your pc. It's really pretty easy after a couple of pics.

After your pics are resized, you can upload them to photobucket one at a time or up to 20 (maybe even more, now). Depending on your internet service provider, the pics upload pretty quickly.

I like to open a separate window or tab (file-new window/tab) when I'm writing a report here so I can jump back and forth from PB to the forum.

Once your pics are uploaded to PB, you'll see several boxes of text under the thumbnail of your pics. Click on the IMG box and it should turn black and read "copied". At that point, click back to the forum and paste (right click, paste) the IMG code in your message where you want it.

If you followed those steps, your photos will be posted in your message and we'll all have more eye candy.

Maybe someone else has an easier way, but that's what I've gotten comfortable with.

Good luck. Let's see your fishies.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for the report. I cant wait to get up there.

Pictures suck to figure out how to post. Orvis had to show me how to post. It seems that I can only use photo bucket. When I try to directly upload it the size format wont work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts