Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For once we didn't have any plans to meet with family this afternoon so I took my 14 year old son out duck hunting and it turned out to be the best thing we could have done for Christmas.

We ended up with 7 ducks and the best part was the extra somethin' that came with the drake Pintail that my son shot.

I was sitting there watching my zone for ducks when without warning my son starts shooting. I'm looking around trying to figure out what he's shooting at when this duck plops in the water just past the deeks. The dog goes out after it but it dives on her and she did a great job tracking it down after 3 or 4 dives. We were overjoyed about the great feat of him shooting the duck and the pup bringing it in but then I picked it up and couldn't believe my eyes at what was on his leg!

There's a drake Gadwall missing from the picture because it landed out on the ice and before we could get to it a hawk swooped down and started eating it!

My pup did great once again. she had her first experience with ducks diving on her but she figured it out pretty good.

Can't imagine a better way to enjoy the holiday.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sweet nice christmas present for sure.
That would be my kind of jewelry for christmas.
Congrats again

Spry

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, first band ever. We've only been duck hunting a little over a year so he knows he's one lucky kid!

The preliminary info is that it was banded back in August in Alaska.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts