Utah Wildlife Forum banner

The damnedest thing you ever saw

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  DallanC 
#1 ·
Lets do something fun... share the crazy things you run across. I'll kick start it

-DallanC

#2 ·
I wished that I had a picture of what I saw.

We were deer hunting up on the Manti and one year we had gone down to Ferron for a motel room and a hot shower. Coming back up the next morning we stopped just as the pavement ended to put the chains on my truck since it had been raining and snowing all night long.

We went up past Wrigley Reservoir and as we came to a turn in the road we saw a pickup sitting up in a tree. It was a small Toyota or something but he had missed the turn and went off of the road. He hit the tree somehow and the truck was now suspended 20 feet off of the ground on the downhill side of the road. We got out and hollered and tried to shine a light into the windows to see if the driver was still up there but he wasn't.

I can just imagine what the tow truck operator thought when he went to pull that truck out of there. We came back down two days later and it was gone.

#9 ·
I worked in the metal trades for over 50 years. Hands have told me how those balls were made but I never understood what they were saying. Now I know. Thanks for posting.

#11 ·
Ran across this earlier this evening, its incredible. Some of these images are nearly 160 years old. The 3d effect is pretty neat, imagine how much better that technology will evolve to over the next few years.

What really blows me away is the detail the "AI" is able to bring out on some of these blurry images. Stunning!

-DallanC

#14 ·
??

#26 ·
Ok back on topic

I watched this happen in Jackson Hole when I worked as a cargo pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's frightening. I've been on one too many small airplane flights in winter to enjoy them anymore. It's one of my less rational fears now.

Granted, my worst flight was a late "summer" flight into Homer, Alaska, and it took 3, maybe 4, attempts to land with a seriously low ceiling. By the third attempt you have no confidence no matter how good the pilot is.

Part of me also wishes I never knew what density altitude is after too many summer small craft flights out of Moab in the middle of summer.

Thanks for sharing that video. Now I'll never fly into Jackson (like I ever had the $$ to need to in the first place).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.