Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my season ended with a sweet greenhead on friday. He is in basically perfect condition so will be going on my wall. I could not get out yesterday so it is now over. Time to hang up the boots and put the gun away for the next eight months. How did everyone elses season end?

·
Registered
741 Posts
My season ended with a Goldeneye with one shot in the last minute of legal shooting hours. Too bad it was a hen. :evil:

·
Registered
75 Posts
sad to see it end but all good things come to an end! it was a wonderful season I learned a ton and ended on a good note. we ended up with 4 gaddies 3 teal and a pinner. it was an eventful ride back, the ice got soft and the boat wouldn' slide over it what normaly takes 15 min took over an hour! i'll miss little adventures like that :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Not quite the end for me, I'm down south and I'll give the geese a few last stingers.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mine ended about as good as it could have. Went out in the morning with 6 other guys and got 7 greenies, 1 drake GE and a drake merganzer for the group. Went out that evening with another group of 5 and we managed to put down 29 birds consisting of spoonies, gadwall, golden eye, and ring-nicked ducks. I had a big smile on my face and a bruise on my shoulder. :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish mine would have ended like that. My whole November and December were full of piles upon piles of ducks, but January was kinda weak. My last duck of the season is going on the wall so it is all good.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wish mine could have ended with at least getting out. I spent all day putting a new water pump in the truck.

·
Registered
966 Posts
i know im a little late, but im new to the forum and i had to brag a little. my season ended with a banded drake mallard. last bird to fill my limit, last day, second band ever. and it was in teh same spot as the only other band i have killed. The first one was from alberta, and this one was from alamosa,colorado. ill get a picture as soon as i learn how to post one

·
Registered
966 Posts
i didn't know how to add pictures to my last post, so here is another one with my pictures from the last day. my buddy and i went out to the basin. He killed the goose, and except for one hen widgeon, it was an all drake day. Then, like i said before, the last bird of the day for me was a banded mallard. Its hard to see in the picture cuz all we had were camera phones. the band was too tight to pull off so i had to cut off his leg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts