Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 206 days until callofthewild gets to nock an arrow for a big stinky elk. <<--O/ -()/-

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fatbass said:
Or maybe a tasty spike! 8)
If he even THINKS of such, his family will surely miss him until the next life. :| Putting in for 10+ years to shoot a spike should be a high crime worthy of instant death administered by a PRO. 8)

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
You know **** well you were siting there and the chills went up your spine thinking about YOU dropping a big stinky.I understand the humility involved with pointing out the fact that callofthewild will be smacking one as well.

Right on brutha!

I drove past your unit the other day and I think I got the same chills.

:?: Do it make me gay, speaking of pro's unit??? :mrgreen: :oops: *OOO* *\-\* *(u)* -/O\-

·
Registered
39 Posts
Treehugnhuntr said:
You know **** well you were siting there and the chills went up your spine thinking about YOU dropping a big stinky.I understand the humility involved with pointing out the fact that callofthewild will be smacking one as well.

Right on brutha!

:?: Do it make me gay, speaking of pro's unit??? :mrgreen: :oops: *OOO* *\-\* *(u)* -/O\-
LMAO :D

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Treehugnhuntr said:
You know **** well you were siting there and the chills went up your spine thinking about YOU dropping a big stinky.
I'd be having some serious intestinal issues if I had to wait 206 days for that... Are diapers going to be included on the trip?? Sounds like they might be needed. :shock:

What about putting in for 10 years and shooting 10 spikes?? Is that still as serious an offense?? 8)

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Riverrat77 said:
Treehugnhuntr said:
You know **** well you were siting there and the chills went up your spine thinking about YOU dropping a big stinky.
I'd be having some serious intestinal issues if I had to wait 206 days for that... Are diapers going to be included on the trip?? Sounds like they might be needed. :shock:

What about putting in for 10 years and shooting 10 spikes?? Is that still as serious an offense?? 8)
NO diapers, but easy access to the spare under britches.

Yes, it is STILL a serious offense, since one of them spikes taken 7-10 years ago may have been the bull he could have taken once he drew the big bull tag. Just say no to killing spikes! They are our friends, and one day, if allowed to mature, will be 350+ bulls! Sacrifice now for great benefits in the future. 8)

·
Registered
730 Posts
PRO's been waiting sooo long now...He just might blow "it" on a rag horn...JK

·
Registered
812 Posts
proutdoors said:
Only 206 days until callofthewild gets to nock an arrow for a big stinky elk. <<--O/ -()/-
holy crap it is going to take that long. and for the record a spike elk is indeed a unforgivable sin in my family. this fall will be well worth the wait for both of us. 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Huge29 said:
Treehugnhuntr said:

I will guess that it is just your way of coping with today's tragic news:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324751,00.html
there will be absolutley no brokebacking on this mountain i guarentee. even though i really did like most of heath's work what a shame.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Man I thought Pro would be updating this thread everyday.. and have an actual countdown!! haha <<--O/ <<--O/ <<--O/ <<--O/ <<--O/ <<--O/

·
Registered
244 Posts
Quik question for the ignorant, Did he buy a cwmu,landowners, or some special permit. 10 yrs of waiting suggest the point system. They have not drawn for 2008 and most the great LEs need more than 10 to gaurantee a draw, Just curious? Callofthewild congrats i am green with envy :D But just to rub it in,Itll be the longest 200 some ot days of your life!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
soules2007 said:
Quik question for the ignorant, Did he buy a cwmu,landowners, or some special permit. 10 yrs of waiting suggest the point system. They have not drawn for 2008 and most the great LEs need more than 10 to gaurantee a draw, Just curious? Callofthewild congrats i am green with envy :D But just to rub it in,Itll be the longest 200 some ot days of your life!!!! :D :D
no it is just the power of positive thinking going on here. i do however have over the 10 points that you have mentioned. and i have switched from the any weapon hunt to an archery hunt. just trying to change things up a bit to get some luck on my side for a change. 8)

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
197 days! <<--O/

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Pro wrote:
If he even THINKS of such, his family will surely miss him until the next life. Putting in for 10+ years to shoot a spike should be a high crime worthy of instant death administered by a PRO.
I agree, however in 2006 I about committed that high crime, Panguitch Lake Archery LE, last day of the hunt in the morning had a spike at 18 yards and even drew back, held my draw and thought naw not a spike and let off. I did have the herd bull at 49 yards but could not get a good shot and did not want a wounded elk so I passed.

But just to get callofthewild a little excited I did get one of the satelite bulls at noon that last day, (glad I let up on the spike earlier) anyway some of you have seen him before but here he is again...[attachment=0:1gjaock7]IMG_0341.jpg[/attachment:1gjaock7]

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on a successful hunt bowgy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bowgy that sat bull is bigger than anything i have ever taken! nice bull, alright back to call of the wild. so you are putting archery to better your odds is a for sure thing at that point? i know that a certain percent of the tags go to the top point holders, and this can lock in some hunts for certain amounts of points in certain areas. dont get me wrong i really believe in the power of karma and posative thought. Pro is this hunt a given? Here's where im going with this, i have 15/16 next year my brother 8/9 next year our average will be 13 points in 2009 if we choose an archery hunt we can draw a top LE?? I figure ive waited this long i want to put in with someone to draw two tags, if my brother does not want to i have a bro in law who does with i think 6/7 points this would put us around 10/11 points in archery and we can still draw? If this is the case i need to take a look at the archery draw. :D

1 - 20 of 110 Posts