Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I got the invite I jumped on the opportunity to go to the gorge, after all this was somewhere I go every year and did not get a chance to go. I met skeet41 in Evanston and we arrived at the marina about 6:45 am.

Once we got the boat ready we were off scanning the finder looking for the macs. We found a ton of boats and now I understand why that is where the macs were located at. We caught 6 macs ranging from 3-6 LBS pups as they call them but for me a THRILL!

We then took the boat for a little spin up this canyon:

I was fishing for trout but this is a new one for me I caught my first small mouth bass! I can see why people like to fish for them, the pull hard!

On the way home I stopped and said goodbye to some of the local wildlife, I even saw a moose on the way out of Manilla!

Thanks again Skeet41 for the invite it was a BLAST! I look forward to fishing with you again, if any of you get the chance skeet41 knows his stuff!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Sweet deal, man! I'm glad you guys ended up going. My previously made plans worked out well, so I suppose that lessens my guilt for not joining you.

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I can't imagine fishing somewhere like that. The vertical canyon walls shooting straight down into the water is what really grabs my attention (oh yeah...and the possibility of catching 30-50lb trout :lol: ).

Good for you guys. I'm excited for you.

I'd love to head out in the spring time like we spoke about. Hey, hey?

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Orvis1....I'm sure glad you got together !! I've always enjoyed Skeet4L stories and pictures. And yours!!
It's nice to enjoy both at once !!!... :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing !!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
wish i could have joined you also but i had family requirements :evil: but i got to hit the uintas on thursday, so that softened the blur. nice report and im glad you got into the fish. makes me wish i could have gone all the more. good job.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Thanks for the great report Orvis1 and congrats to you and skeet41 on what sounds like an awesome trip! Also, congrats on the first Smallie! Good job.

·
Registered
483 Posts
O1, thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you had a good time and likewise, your welcome to go with me anytime. I wish I could repeat the report for the second day, another buddy met up with me for sun with two of his kids (10 and 14), we had only seven bumps in 100 ft of water and couldn't put a hook to any of them. It's pretty amazing when you're sitting over 8-10 ft of solid fish and you can't get any of them to make your day. We did manage to pick up a bunch of small bows which I think we all needed and really enjoyed. I'm still looking for mr big and hopefully still have a few more trips left in me this year. Thanks to all for a great trip.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skeet41 like I said any Saturday you go, I will be glad to join you if I don't have something my wife planned. Sorry Sunday didn't work out as well and hope you didn't get stuck in that one lane mess for to long! Did you see the post on strawberry and the 55 fish day and the tube jig comments..... Sounds like it is calling our name huh? Thanks again it was a blast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts