Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great looking bulls congrats on another good year. I will say I spent the past month on the wasatch for the most part.and seen alot of small 280-300 smaller 6 or 5 pointers being taken by hunters in the field. Just goes to show you guys know the area pretty well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking bulls congrats on another good year. I will say I spent the past month on the wasatch for the most part.and seen alot of small 280-300 smaller 6 or 5 pointers being taken by hunters in the field. Just goes to show you guys know the area pretty well.
In all honesty this was by far the worst we've ever seen. Numbers are cut in half and it was pretty terrible in general, we've never sent a rifle client home without a good bull two went home this year...both were conservation tag holders, not good. That being said the mature Bulls I did find were on whole better than last year just not many of them

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Bout time you quit holding out on us! Great work. Some good bulls there.

Interesting perspective on bull numbers. Let us know how the muzzy goes.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
In all honesty this was by far the worst we've ever seen. Numbers are cut in half and it was pretty terrible in general, we've never sent a rifle client home without a good bull two went home this year...both were conservation tag holders, not good. That being said the mature Bulls I did find were on whole better than last year just not many of them
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Wasatch elk herd is heading the wrong direction FAST.......

The better bulls are tanking...Going to be a BIG gap for good bulls.

The next few years DO NOT look good for Wasatch elk unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Thanks for ridding the Wasatch of the last bulls. No need to discuss the state of the herd anymore. :grin:
Did you shoot any dinks just to make sure?
Looks like a few people had some fun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
We had a decent 5x5 bull come through our neighborhood two days ago! My son couldn't believe it, he's starting to get as anxious as I am to get out.

Three weeks and counting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts