Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Great looking bulls congrats on another good year. I will say I spent the past month on the wasatch for the most part.and seen alot of small 280-300 smaller 6 or 5 pointers being taken by hunters in the field. Just goes to show you guys know the area pretty well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking bulls congrats on another good year. I will say I spent the past month on the wasatch for the most part.and seen alot of small 280-300 smaller 6 or 5 pointers being taken by hunters in the field. Just goes to show you guys know the area pretty well.
In all honesty this was by far the worst we've ever seen. Numbers are cut in half and it was pretty terrible in general, we've never sent a rifle client home without a good bull two went home this year...both were conservation tag holders, not good. That being said the mature Bulls I did find were on whole better than last year just not many of them

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
In all honesty this was by far the worst we've ever seen. Numbers are cut in half and it was pretty terrible in general, we've never sent a rifle client home without a good bull two went home this year...both were conservation tag holders, not good. That being said the mature Bulls I did find were on whole better than last year just not many of them
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Wasatch elk herd is heading the wrong direction FAST.......

The better bulls are tanking...Going to be a BIG gap for good bulls.

The next few years DO NOT look good for Wasatch elk unfortunately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.