Utah Wildlife Forum banner

The Nelle

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  FC2Tuber 
#1 ·
#7 ·
We threw tubes all day, a small green, pearl and watermelon worked the best with a 16th ounce head in 6-24 ft of water, I think I posted a picture of a fish with one in it's mouth on another thread. The water is loooow, probably twenty feet loooow and in some areas pretty algeaic (is that a word?). I talked to another guy that did ok on the Bass (3-1/2 lbs-30 ft deep), he was runnin a way nice 07 white and silver Ranger with a 250 Verado (I'm jealous), man was it fast, 76 mph fast. There were just a handful of people on the res one of them being a water skier, buuurrrr. All and all it was a beautiful day.

#8 ·
i like your hat. probably the best fishing hat ive had looks like yours. also nice job on the brown. and yes sometimes when browns get big in lakes they sometimes loose their color and they look silver. typically these fish are over 18" though and your fish fits the description.

#9 ·
I'm aware that my fish ID skills are sometimes lacking, but the red cheek and speckles being more concentrated toward the tail are really throwing off my radar here. The only thing I see that doesn't make me think cutthroat is the color of the fins.

Weird. I guess I've just never caught a brown from a lake. It's still a great looking fish though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.