Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This daydream buck soon became a nightmare.
We thought that we had it patterned fairly well with several trail cam pictures like the first one shown here.
Second picture was opening morning of the archery hunt.
It was about 200 yards below me but I just couldn't make a play on it.
That would be the last time I would see the buck dead or alive.
Don't know if he just left the area or died somewhere on the mnt.
Trail cam picture 2012.jpg lookout.JPG

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
What the hell is that in the background of that first picture!?! Looks like a creature from "The Thing" movie.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
What the hell is that in the background of that first picture!?! Looks like a creature from "The Thing" movie.
Ha! I had to go back and look. Never made it passed the antlers the first time.

Ridge, 200 yards with that angle? That's child's play with a bow, right?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Looks more like a 'Dream' buck to me.:!:..:p...

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering if someone would say something about that.
Maybe aliens took the deer?

·
Administrator
21,407 Posts
I was wondering if someone would say something about that.
Maybe aliens took the deer?
Maybe wolves

uh......nevermind, there's way more aliens in Utah than wolves.

Reactions: shortbreath54

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's another buck that gave me nightmares.
I filmed this buck in early Sept. 2014 and hunted for it during the muzzy and rifle hunt with no luck. I knew he was still in the area I was hunting and other hunters had also seen it. :?
It even had been shot at a few times too.:shock:
It had one of the most impressive 3 point frames I'd ever seen with cheaters on both sides.
Someone ended up killing it this past year but it had really regressed in antler and body size.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I filmed this buck in early Sept. 2014 and hunted for it during the muzzy and rifle hunt with no luck. I knew he was still in the area I was hunting and other hunters had also seen it. :?
It had one of the most impressive 3 point frames I'd ever seen with cheaters on both sides.
Someone ended up killing it this past year but it had really regressed in antler and body size.
That is an awesome buck! Do you think it regressed due to old age or something else?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Wow...that is an incredible deer! Don't know that i'd be able to calm my nerves if he was in my sights. Just seeing the video gets me all goosed up!

I'M excited that the scouting season is just about here. :)

·
760 Posts
He looks related to yours . Same area? because the cheaters

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow...that is an incredible deer! Don't know that i'd be able to calm my nerves if he was in my sights. Just seeing the video gets me all goosed up!

I'M excited that the scouting season is just about here. :)
Your telling me. I can't wait to see what tags get drawn this year and get out there to see the new prospects. one of my hunting partners missed the deadline this year.:cry:

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He looks related to yours . Same area? because the cheaters
Not the same area. I just lucked out on that buck two years ago. I was looking for elk for a friend and ran across the buck. I glassed him up from over two miles away.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts