Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from the hunt tonight I started thinking about what my perfect limit would look like if I could shoot any of the common species in Utah. Mine would be a drake of the following species; canvasback, greenwing teal, mallard, pintail, redhead, wigeon, and the seventh duck would be a double up on any one of the species already listed. I'd love to get a nice wood duck, but I never seen a wild one in Utah.

What would your perfect limit be?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm happy with 7 greenheads. For me that is my perfect limit. of 5 greenheads and 2 pintails, I'v done both of these limits. I don't like divers as much as I do puddlers although i'v shot some nice Cans and ringnecks. I'v been lucky enough to shoot a few wood ducks here in utah. Got a good looking one on a corner desk mounted

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If we're limiting this to Utah ducks, drakes of:

Cinnamon Teal
Blue-winged teal
Green-winged teal
Wood Duck
Hooded Merganser
Canvasback
Ring-necked duck

It'll never happen, but if it did, it would make a taxidermist I know very happy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I got to get in on this muscle contest! first picture is a 3 man limit of green heads with a 2 man limit of geese. the third guy never hit 1 goose.

the second picture is a (count the geese) 5 or 6 man limit of geese with some bonus snows here in UT.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Cheater those aren't utah birds!

one day.
well lets just say I played the trump card a little soon on the one-upper limit pics! Hammer you should have came up with me last year! I got a buddy of mine really working me over to go to Seldovia this December for scoters. i need 2 of them yet for the slam and a red breasted merg as well. might just do it!:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
King I think they are pretty but for me nothing beats a big azz CANVASBACK:mrgreen: there is something about how there bill drops down off the top of there head call me crazy some like blondes some like fords.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts