Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had one buck working it pretty hard last week, but nothing this week so far........hunting Bountiful/NSL......

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
In full swing.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Horny buck sniffs butts
Cannot smell me sneaking up
That's expensive tail

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love to hunt the bucks so much
While they are chasing does and such
But what I know and what I hate
While these male critters try to mate
They quit thinking with their brain
and they run reckless like a train
I stand with bow in hand and watch
and know the shot I will not botch
These deer I have no chance to bag
cause I already used my tag.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you use a real southern drawl and slow it down a bit you should be able to pick up the iambic pentameter part of it.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
HOGAN said:
2 words 4 u "pre-rut"
That's only 2 words therefore you will not be acknowledged.

I guess you could call it pre rut. I've seen plenty of little guys and a few bigger deer sniffing them some deer chawch (sp?). I think it's a bit early to see mature bucks giving them the business.

HOGAN, I think what's going on right now could be considered cervid foreplay.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I agree! I think the big boys are near, but will not appear until right close to the big event. They let the smaler bucks run the does ragged and then they don't have to chase as much, they are ready to "give it up". I still do not know what my limitations are. I need to do some serious sole searching. 30"+?

THe deer are coming down slow but sure but weekend warriors will push them to Brighton ski resort Sat morning. FYI you have a much better chance of them walking down to you not running up after them!!! But every year I see idiots chasing deer straight uphill, maybe they know something I do not? :lol:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
HOGAN said:
I agree! I think the big boys are near, but will not appear until right close to the big event. They let the smaler bucks run the does ragged and then they don't have to chase as much, they are ready to "give it up". I still do not know what my limitations are. I need to do some serious sole searching. 30"+?

THe deer are coming down slow but sure but weekend warriors will push them to Brighton ski resort Sat morning. FYI you have a much better chance of them walking down to you not running up after them!!! But every year I see idiots chasing deer straight uphill, maybe they know something I do not? :lol:
Uhh, maybe that the wind blows downhill?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts