Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Currently closed to all access so I can't say for sure but my guess it was pretty well cleaned up late last fall. Still would not hurt to try and plan something.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I participated in a similar cleanup out West of Utah Lake a couple of years ago. Spent the day out there cleaning up crap left behind from target shooters. The whole thing was organized by Sportsman's Warehouse. We managed to fill an entire 30yd roll off.

Went out to do some shooting a couple of weekends later and it looked like we had never been there. Pretty discouraging.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been horseback riding this area for the last 4/5 years. All spring, summer and fall. This area has increased in activity dramatically each year. Each year the trash on the trails gets worse. Each year the dirty campers have increased, it doesn't help that it's free for camping. People have dogs that are not leashed, their dogs are barking and spooking the horses causing wrecks. It's a very easy place to visit locally and a very nice hike, so I can see why the activity has increased. A fee to camp wouldn't hurt, if anything it would help. People need to be respectful to others and pick up and pack out their trash.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts