1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiscal Year 2009 Proposed Fee Changes
Current Proposed
Commercial Brine Shrimper Now $13,000, Proposed $14,000
Commercial Outfitter - Now 365 Day N/A, Proposed $1,000 Hunting- Public Lands Only-No CWMU's
Commercial Guide - Now 365 Day N/A, Proposed $50 Hunting- Public Lands Only-No CWMU's
Non Resident Cougar Pursuit Now $30, Proposed $135 Subject to Outfitter Fee creation
Non Resident Bear Pursuit Now $30, Proposed $135 Subject to Outfitter Fee creation
5 year Private Pond COR Now $195, Proposed $200 Would save $40 in handling Fees
Resident Limited Doe - Pronghorn Now $20, Proposed $25
All other fees as currently in place

I do like the idea of Utah starting a program with the outfitters and guides, I just wish they would include the fee's for the CWMu's as well!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
utfireman said:
I do like the idea of Utah starting a program with the outfitters and guides, I just wish they would include the fee's for the CWMu's as well!
Agreed...it is about time something was done with the outfitters and guides...too bad they didn't include the fees for the CWMUs.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
They all look fine to me. But, they really won't effect em much either. I do have one question though. IS comercial brine shrimping really taht profitable that they can charge that much? jeezz...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yeah, it's something like a $30 Million industry. Each harvester doesn't make that much, but the industry itself is that lucrative.

Fishrmn

·
Registered
730 Posts
That is in addition to the Special Use Permits that already have to be secured before getting your Outfitter/Guide "permit"..This should make a few more "maverik" operations get honest real quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts